The resale of inactive, obsolete or surplus electronics products and components, or the dismantling and separation of all parts and materials for reuse or recycling, are resulting in the elimination of the need for land filling.

Dispose of your obsolete electronics wisely. A wholly new industry is evolving to serve your needs. Before you select an electronics recycling company, ask these questions:

Does your recycler really recycle, or only resell?
Only 40% of obsolete electronics can be re-sold. The other 60% will most likely require recycling. Many “recyclers” simply trash the unsold material and have it taken off to landfills.

Does your recycler have a no-landfill-policy?
If the answer is “yes,” then congratulations. Few recyclers can make this claim. Unless your recycler makes a clear commitment to keeping material out of landfills, the result is a tragic waste of re-usable resources.

The Future of Electronics Scrap

Our appetite for ever newer and faster technology is beginning to harbor dire environmental consequences that only a few years back went unrecognized. Shortened product life-cycles have led to early obsolescence and the 20-year accumulation of hundreds of millions of tons of scrap or surplus electronics equipment. Disposing of our electronics looms among the environmental issues that society and industry must urgently address.

Today, there are few alternatives to land filling and no direct legislation that prohibits this recourse. As a result, huge quantities of raw materials and, in many cases re-useable electronics products, are being wasted.

Environmental regulators are starting to see the problem. Strategies have arisen to encourage recycling of electronics equipment by making it both manageable and desirable. Recykinfo currently provides what the regulators are striving toward — an attractive alternative to land filling that reuses all of the products and materials.